Ayon Kronos Signature & XS & Ultimate
Ayon Kronos Signature & XS Model and the Reference Kronos Ultimate !
Ayon Kronos Signature Model Includes the PCM to DSD True Conversion $10995
Ayon Kronos XS Model is available at $7995 – PCM to DSD option is available with the Signature Model.
Ayon Kronos Ultimate $16900 – Reference grade components, Top Coupling Capacitors, Special Power Supply Caps – PCM to DSD!
The Ayon CD-35 II establishes a new benchmark in SE-Triode vacuum-tube DAC performance by combining a fully balanced PCM-DSD DAC.
The Kronos is prepared for computer playback and general DSD professional audio use. The Kronos is in many respects a new ground-breaking DAC design with an advanced technology like a new vacuum tube output stage, new DAC design and a switchable PCM-DSD converter.
The Kronos DAC is available in 3 different versions (modular architecture and anytime upgradable), as Kronos “XS”, Kronos “Signature” and Kronos “Ultimate” (top-level version).
Based on a zero-feedback, pure tube circuit design and a tube rectified power supply, the Kronos reveals the manifold layers of music with utmost transparency while projecting a deep and highly focused 3D soundstage. Its bass is extended and powerful, its midrange pure, liquid and permeated with natural warmth, while the top is extraordinarily clean and finely detailed. This Reference DAC offers an uncompromising quality level in every aspect. The Kronos is one of the most exciting DAC with vacuum-tube output stage and the best sounding DAC what Ayon Audio ever built.
F e a t u r e s & D e s i g n
Full-featured Tube D/A converter
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Warm up function
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
- No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path )
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- No DC servo that degrades the signal
- High quality parts throughout
- Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
- Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
- The volume is controlled in the analogue domain
- DAC digital input – S/PDIF (RCA), AES/EBU (XLR), I2S, TosLink, BNC, USB, 3 x BNC for DSD;
- Digital output – S/PDIF (RCA)
- Ultra-low jitter internal clock generator
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a 6H30/5687 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- 2 separate R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital & analog
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- GZ30 Tube rectification for analog output stage
- Choke filtering for analog output stage
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for analog output stage
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- 10 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- High quality tube sockets with gold pins
- Superior capacitors ( MKP 1% )
- High quality – RCA & XLR jack
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’ are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Front panel descriptions are engraved
- AC phase polarity control indicator
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
|768kHz / 32 bit & DSD 256
|Fully symmetrical / AKM-Japan
|DSP module (option)
|PCM→DSD – Signature Model
|Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB Low
|2.6V fixed or 0 – 2.5 V rms variable
|Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB High
|5.2V fixed or 0 – 5V rms variable
|Output impedance Single-Ended-RCA
|~ 300 Ω
|Output impedance Balanced-XLR
|~ 300 Ω
|75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA)
|75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA), USB, TosLink, I2S, BNC, AES/EBU,
3 x BNC for DSD
|> 120 dB
|20Hz – 50kHz +/- 0.3dB
|Total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz
|RCA & XLR
|Dimension (WxDxH) cm
Specifications subject to change without notice
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.