Ayon S-3 XS
As an option, you can also STREAM to this baby with the ROON Rock RS7 Music Server by USA Labs. Amazing sonic performance, Tidal, Qobuz, DSD & More! Get all the details, call 1-888-593-8477 Ext 2
Run ROON on any Network Player Streamer, DAC, even if your streamer or DAC is not ROON Compatible!
Intel Core i7
BUILT FOR HIGH END AUDIO
STATE OF THE ART WITH INTEL
Zero computer/network knowledge needed. Just plug it in! Plug & Play. Setup video is available & if needed our techs can & will remotely setup the RS7 for you for Free. All you have to do is connect the RS7, power it up and we will take it from there, Remotely via computer. Pretty cool right!
Do not use a computer to stream your music, computers run dozens of background programs just to keep the computer up & running. This causes unwanted, noticeable noise in the signal path.
The RS7 has no Noise, no fans, super fast instantaneous delivery, huge horsepower for large libraries, no spinning disks, no moving parts, imbedded operating system, no drivers, all solid state, runs super COOL, built for high end audio Only! Put it anywhere, Plug & Play. Solid State drive included.
Link to the RS7 Music Server
Ayon S-3 XS Vacuum Tube Streamer Tube Network Player – Volume Control
Quality, Performance, Brand Name Recognition, Superb Soundstage!
Many of our clients have asked in the past for a more affordable Network-Player based on the famous S-3. The downgraded S-3 XS version is the answer and offers many design highlights from its bigger brother, the S-3.
Some of the major changes in the S-3 XS, are the power supply system and the tube output stage.
We did the downgrading very carefully in the S-3 XS version. It offers maximum flexibility and excellent sound performance in its price class. (Something you would expect from an Ayon product.)
Features & Design
Full-featured Network Music Player/DAC/Preamp
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
Network Player Functionality
° User interface on QVGA 3.5″ TFT display
° Internet radio (vTuner)
° UPnP streaming from NAS or PC via Ethernet
° Support for 802.11n modules
° Streaming audio from USB HS
° WAV – 24/192 kHz
° FLAC – 24/192 kHz
° AAC, HE-AAC (up to 24bit 96 kHz)
° LPCM (up to 24/192 kHz on wired LAN and up to 24/96 kHz on wireless LAN)
° Gapless playback
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Warm up function
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
● Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
● No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path)
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● No DC servo that degrades the signal
● High quality parts throughout
● Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
● Burr Brown D/A converter
● Upsampling 24/192 kHz and on/off switchable
● Ethernet ( RJ45 )
● Memory stick or USB drive
● Digital input – S/PDIF (RCA), I2S , AES/EBU, BNC & TosLink
● 2 x USB “A” type inputs (24/192 kHz)
● Digital output – S/PDIF (RCA)
● Analog volume control system
● 2 pair analog input ( RCA)
● 1 pair Tape out ( RCA )
● Separate Display for Network-Player and Volume/ Inputs
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage. This makes it a pure power source which is a critical attribute for a 6922 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Dual R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformers for digital & analog separated
● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● Dual tube rectification for 6922 analog output stage
● 8 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship, of which type of part to use where, that sets our products apart from the masses.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality coupling capacitors
● High quality special tube sockets with gold pins
● Capacitors ( MKP)
● High quality – RCA & XLR jack
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis imparts a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
● AC phase polarity control indicator
● The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome
|Network-Player||Ayon S-3 XS|
|Conversion rate||192kHz / 24 bit|
|Tube complement||2x 6922 NOS|
|Dynamic range||> 118dB|
|Channel separation||>105dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Output level @1 kHz / 0,775V -0dB /RCA||2V fixed or 0 – 2V rms variable|
|Output impedance Single-Ended-RCA||~ 900 Ω|
|Digital output||75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA)|
|Digital inputs||75 Ω S/PDIF (RCA & up to 24/192kHz), TosLink (up to 24/192kHz)|
110 Ω AES/EBU (up to 24/192kHz)
75 Ω BNC (up to 24/192kHz)
I2S (up to 24/192kHz)
Front mounted USB type ‘A’ socket for USB “pen”/hard disk drive
Rear mounted USB type ‘A’ socket for USB “pen”/hard disk drive
|Network inputs||RP-SMA plug Wifi Aerial input (“wireless” network connection) 802.11b/g|
UTP RJ45 10/100Mbps socket (“wired” network connection)
|S/N ratio||> 110 dB|
|Frequency response||10Hz – 50kHz +/- 0.3dB|
|Total harmonic distortion @ 1kHz||< 0.002%|
|Analog – Line Inputs & output||2 pair RCA and 1 pair RCA out|
|Analog – Main outputs||1 pair / RCA & 1 pair / XLR|
|Dimension (Wide x Deep – incl. terminals x High – incl. feet)||18.89 x 15.35 x 4.72 inches|
|Weight, unit only||35 lbs – Shipping weight 42 lbs|
Specifications subject to change without notice
Please request a Password from your distributor, dealer or Ayon Audio. Also indicate in which country the device is operated, as well as the model name and the serial number.